Heating Service, Repair and Installation
Whether it is a Heat Pump or a Furnace Yavapai Plumbing & Heating knows which products are the best, and the best methods for installation.
Below are some of what you want to look for when it comes to heating your home! The breadth of products and the knowledge necessary to install the product that matches your need is critical and Yavapai Plumbing & Heating Has Your Back! Their experienced and certified technicians know the best products and use the most up-to-date techniques for heating repair and installation.
- Products that Perform (with energy efficiency always at the forefront)
- Products that Fit Everyday Situations (the experience and knowledge to know the difference)
- Heat Pumps – there are now so many choices, you need an expert like Yavapai Plumbing & Heating to match the right solution to your situation : Hybrid Heat Pumps, Dual Fuel heat Pumps, Mini-Splits and much more!
- Thermostats – programmable, self-learning, communicating thermostats, and ones with a standard USB computer interface.
- Repair and Maintenance Programs – that give you peace of mind, preferential scheduling and money savings
- Furnaces – Really good furnaces. Yavapai Plumbing & Heating has some of the newest furnaces on the market – far surpassing the old 78% efficiency with efficiency now approaching 97%
- Split-Systems (that both heat and cool your home)
Furnace Replacement, Repair and Installation
You need true Professionals like the technicians at Yavapai Plumbing & Heating to help you through the maze of options that you need to consider. We are your local furnace and heating experts!
Yavapai Plumbing and Heating Has Your Back! Their experienced and certified technicians know the best products and use the most up-to-date techniques for Furnace repair and installation.
Below are some of what you want to look for when it comes to using a Furnace to heat your home! The breadth of product knowledge and the necessary training to install the product that matches your need is critical.
Size Matters — a lot:
The furnace’s specifications should fit your needs. A furnace that’s too small won’t keep your home comfortable during extremely-cold weather. In most homes the furnace was installed over sized to prevent this from happening. A furnace that is over sized is also over priced. It will cycle off and on far too often wearing out the components and wasting energy.
One also must be certain that the ducts in your home are matched correctly to the size of the unit and more specifically to the fan speed of the unit.
Efficiency Matters — a lot:
Efficiency is measured by the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) and it is calculated as a percentage. Simply put, an 80% AFUE furnace allows 20% of the heat generated to leave your house up the chimney. That is lost money and lost energy.
The lowest efficiency allowed by law is 78% Furnace. And for the past 20 years, 9 out of 10 companies have been installing only 80% efficient furnaces for home heating purposes.
A higher AFUE is also another way to Go Green, you are helping yourself and the environment.
Reliability Matters — a lot:
- When a furnace fails 75% of the failures are significant repairs.
- Over 50% of the 75% broke down completely.
- You need to know the reliability of the model you choose.
- What the failure rate is can add significantly to the total cost of ownership.
Should You Repair or Replace?
Improved efficiency of most new furnaces could justify replacing. Especially, if a key component such as the heat exchanger or control module failed. You are also probably better off replacing the furnace, if the unit is more than 2/3rds of the way through its expected lifespan. Which on average is 15 years. If it is a minor repair and the unit is still young then a repair is called for.
Trust Yavapai Plumbing & Heating to give you a straight answer regarding these tough decisions.